The armor of God gives us spiritual weapons for victory over the enemy!
Ephesians 6:14 "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place"
1.) Put on the breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS
- God gives the armor but we must choose to WEAR it!
- Ephesians 6:11, 13 "Put on the full armor of God...take up the whole armor of God"
- Job 29:14 "I put on righteousness as my clothing"
2.) The righteousness is not my OWN
- Righteousness is being right with God
- Romans 3:10 "There is no one righteous, not even one"
- Isaiah 64:6 "All our righteous acts are like filthy rags"
- Luke 18:9 "Some who were confident of (trusted in) their own righteousness"
- Titus 3:5 "He saved us, not because of righteous things (works of righteousness) we had done, but because of his mercy"
- Luke 18:13 "God, have mercy on me, a sinner"
3.) By faith I receive the righteousness of JESUS
- Isaiah 45:24 "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength"
- 1 Corinthians 1:30 "Christ Jesus, who has become for us...our righteousness
- Romans 3:22 "Righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe"
- Philippians 3:9 "Not having a righteousness of my own...but that which is through faith in Christ - the righteousness that comes from God by faith"
- Romans 5:17 "Those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life"
- Psalm 23:3 "He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness."
- 1 Peter 2:24 "So that we might die to sins and live for righteousness"
- 1 Timothy 6:11 "Flee (run away) from all this, and pursue righteousness"
4.) The righteousness of Jesus guards my HEART
- Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it"
- Isaiah 32:17 "The fruit of righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness (rest) and confidence (assurance, security) forever"
- Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious (worried) about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God...will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 6:11-14
(1) How can we wear the spiritual armor?
(2) Why do we need a breastplate?
(3) How do we receive and pursue righteousness? See Matthew 6:33
(4) What benefits do we receive when our heart is guarded? Pray for each other.