- Ephesians 6:11 "Put on the full armor of God"
- Romans 13:12 "Put aside (cast off) the deeds of darkness (wild living, drunkenness, immoral living, quarreling/strife, jealousy/envy) and put on the armor of light"
- Romans 13:14 "Clothe yourselves with (put on) the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh (sinful nature)"
- Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves"
- Deuteronomy 20:4 "The Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory"
- 2 Chronicles 20:15 "Do not be afraid or discouraged...For the battle is not yours, but God's"
1.) Jesus is my belt of TRUTH
- Ephesians 6:14 "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist"
- John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life"
2.) Jesus is my breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS
- Ephesians 6:14 "with the breastplate of righteousness in place"
- Jeremiah 23:6 "This is the name by which he will be called: The Lord Our Righteousness"
3.) Jesus is my footwear of the gospel of PEACE
- Ephesians 6:15 "and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace"
- Ephesians 2:14 "He himself is our peace"
4.) Jesus is my shield of FAITH
- Ephesians 6:16 "Take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one"
- Psalms 3:3 "You, Lord, are my shield around me"
5.) Jesus is my helmet of SALVATION
- Ephesians 6:17 "Take the helmet of salvation"
- Isaiah 12:2 "God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation"
6.) Jesus is my sword, the SPIRIT
- Ephesians 6:17 "and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God"
- Revelation 19:13 "He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 6:10-17
(1) What have you had to put aside, so you could put on the armor of light? What would it look like to be clothed (Romans 13:14) with Jesus? What battles has the Lord fought for you?
(2) How does Jesus fulfill all the aspects of spiritual armor?
(3) How are you putting on the full armor daily? Pray to stand firm!