1.) Exchanging my shame for His GLORY
- Luke 2:8 "There were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night"
- Luke 2:9 "An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified"
- 1 Corinthians 1:27-28 "God chose the foolish...the weak...the lowly... and the despised"
- 2 Corinthians 4:6 "God...made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ"
- Psalm 34:5 "Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame (no shadow of shame will darken their faces)"
- Luke 2:20 "The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen"
- Psalm 115:1 "Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness"
- Psalm 86:12 "I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever"
2.) Exchanging my fear for His JOY
- Luke 2:10 "But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people"
- Psalm 112:7 "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast (secure, fixed), trusting in the Lord"
- Psalm 56:3-4 "When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid"
- John 15:11 "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you"
- John 17:13 "I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them"
3.) Exchanging my sins for His SALVATION
- Luke 2:11 "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord"
- Luke 1:46-47 "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior"
- Matthew 1:21 "She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins"
- Luke 1:77 "Give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins"
- Luke 2:16 "They hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby"
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 "Now is the day of salvation"
(1) Why do we feel shame? How does the glory of God change us? How can we bring glory to God?
(2) Why does joy come from the good news? How does praise help us deal with fear?
(3) What keeps people from receiving salvation? Who can you pray for that needs to know of salvation through Jesus?