Isaiah 9:6 "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government shall be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
1.) Jesus comes as our Wonderful COUNSELOR
- Psalm 139:1-3, 6 "O Lord, you have searched me, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you understand my thoughts from afar...my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways...Such knowledge is too wonderful for me"
- Isaiah 11:2 "The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power (might)"
- Isaiah 28:29 "All this also comes from the Lord Almighty, wonderful in counsel and magnificent in wisdom"
- Romans 11:34 "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?"
- Mark 7:37 "They were overwhelmed with amazement: 'He has done everything well'"
- Psalm 73:23-24 "You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel"
- Isaiah 48:17 "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you (to succeed, to profit), who directs you in the way you should go"
2.) Jesus comes as our Mighty GOD
- Psalm 24:8 "Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle"
- Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you (in the midst of you), he is mighty to save (a victorious warrior). He will take great delight in you...he will rejoice over you with singing"
- Matthew 28:18 "All authority (power) in heaven and on earth has been given to me"
- John 3:35 "The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands"
- Colossians 1:17 "In him all things hold together"
3.) Jesus comes as our Everlasting FATHER
- John 10:30 "I and the Father are one"
- John 17:21 "Father, you are in me and I am in you"
- 2 Corinthians 6:18 "I will be a father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters"
4.) Jesus comes as our Prince of PEACE
- Isaiah 9:7 "Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end"
- Luke 2:14 "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests (with whom he is pleased)"
- Ephesians 2:13-14 "You who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace" (Micah 5:5 "He will be their peace')
- Isaiah 55:12 "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace"
Share how you have experienced Jesus in each of the Isaiah 9:6 titles. Pray for those who need to know him in any of these ways!