Ephesians 1:3 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ"
Ephesians 1:6,12,14 "To the praise of his glorious grace...for the praise of his glory...to the praise of his glory"
Psalm 72:19 "Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory"
- Praise God for his PURPOSES
- Eph. 1:9-11 "He made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment - to bring all things in heaven and on earthtogether under one head, even Christ. In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will"
- Ro. 8:28 "In all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"
- Praise God for our HOPE
- Eph. 1:12 "In order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory"
- 1 Pe. 3:7 "Be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have"
- Praise God for the WORD
- Eph. 1:13 "And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation"
- 1 Cor. 15:2 "By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word"
- Praise God for his HOLY SPIRIT
- Eph. 1:13-14 "Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance"
- 2 Cor. 5:5 "God has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come"
- Praise God for our REDEMPTION
- Eph. 1:14 "The promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to the praise of his glory"
- We were redeemed, we are redeemed, we will be redeemed
- Ro. 8:23 "We ourselves, who have the first fruits (a foretaste) of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly...the redemption of our bodies"
- 2 Cor. 5:2 "We groan, longing to be clothed instead with out heavenly dwelling"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 1:9-14
(1) What does it mean to live for the glory of God?
(2) What is God's ultimate purpose? When have you seen Romans 8:28 in your life?
(3) What does it mean to have hope in the Lord?
(4) How do the word and Spirit work together in our salvation?
(5) What are you "groaning" (longing) for?