Ephesians 1:3 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ"
- In Christ we are chosen to be HOLY
- Eph. 1:4 "He chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight"
- Eph. 5:25-27 "Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless"
- Col. 1:22-23 "He has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation--if you continue in your faith, established (stable, grounded) and firm (settled), and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel"
- In Christ we are chosen to be ADOPTED
- Eph. 1:4-6 "In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons (God decided to adopt us into his own family) through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves"
- 1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!"
- Gal. 3:26 "You are all sons (children) of God through faith in Christ Jesus."
- John 1:12 "To all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God"
- In Christ we are chosen to be REDEEMED
- Eph. 1:7-8 "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding"
- Ps. 130:7 "Put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption"
- Isa. 59:20 "The Redeemer will come to those who repent of their sins"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 1:3-8
(1) What are some of our spiritual blessings in Christ?
(2) What did God do to make us part of his family? How are we to respond? How do we bring praise to "his glorious grace"?
(3) What does it mean to be redeemed?