- The gift of salvation INSPIRES PRAISE
- Ephesians 2:8-9 "By grace you have been saved...it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast"
- Psalm 68: 20 "Our God is a God who saves; from God the Lord comes escape from death"
- Jonah 2:9-10 "I, with a song of thanksgiving (shouts of grateful praise), will sacrifice to you...I will say, 'Salvation comes from the Lord'"
- The gift of salvation SEALS ADOPTION
- Ephesians 2:8 "By grace you have been saved, through faith"
- 1 Thessalonians 5:9 "God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ"
- John 1:11 "To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God"
- The gift of salvation CREATES A MASTERPIECE
- Ephesians 2:10 "We are God's workmanship (masterpiece, work of art, poem) created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (to walk in them)"
- Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"
- Isaiah 61:3 "They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor"
- Ephesians 2:7 "In order that...he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus"
- 1 Peter 2:9 "That you may declare (show forth) the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light"
- Matthew 5:16 " Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven"
- Colossians 1:10 "Live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God"
- 2 Timothy 2:21 "Useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work"
- Titus 2:14 "Christ gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people...that are eager (zealous) to do good works"
- Titus 3:14 "Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives"
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
Read Ephesians 2:8-10
(1) What does it mean to have salvation? Why can we not boast? See Psalm 118:14-21 on how we should respond as Jonah did.
(2) How or when did you receive the gift of salvation?
(3) How does God display his salvation? What are good works God could do through you?