2 Peter 3:18 "Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"
- Grow in FAITH
- Ephesians 1:15 "I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus"
- 2 Thessalonians 1:3 "Your faith is growing more and more"
- Romans 10:17 "Faith comes from hearing...the word"
- Grow in LOVE
- Ephesians 1:15 "And your love for all the saints"
- 2 Thessalonians 1:3 "The love every one of you has for each other is increasing"
- 1 John 3:14 "We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other (the brothers)"
- Grow in GRATITUDE
- Ephesians 1:16 "I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers"
- 1 Timothy 2:1-2 "Requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority"
- Grow in KNOWLEDGE OF GOD
- Ephesians 1:17 "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom, and revelation so that you may know"
- Knowing the SPIRIT: Ephesians 1:17 "so that you may know him better"
- Knowing the HOPE: Ephesians 1:18 "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you" (Psalm 119:18 "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law")
- Knowing the INHERITANCE: Ephesians 1:18 "the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints"
- Knowing the POWER: Ephesians 1:19-22 "and his incomparably great power for us who believe"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 1:15-23
(1) Where do you see some spiritual growth in your life? What has helped you grow in faith?
(2) Where do you see growth in love? When have you felt loved by other believers?
(3) What could help you grow in your prayer life? How is thankfulness part of your prayers?
(4) What four things does Paul want us to know? Which of these from our study do you need to grow in the most? Pray for growth in the Lord!