- We are given unity to LIVE AT PEACE
- Ephesians 4:3 "Make every effort to keep (maintain, preserve, guard) the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace"
- Psalm 133:1, 3 "How good and pleasant it is when brothers (God's people) live together in unity (oneness, harmony)...For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore"
- Romans 12:18 "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone"
- We are one BODY filled with one SPIRIT
- Ephesians 4:4 "There is one body and one Spirit"
- Ephesians 2:22 "In him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit"
- We have one HOPE in one LORD
- Ephesians 4:4-5 "Just as you were called to one hope when you were called - one Lord"
- Colossians 1:27 "Christ in you, the hope of glory"
- We share one FAITH by one BAPTISM
- Ephesians 4:5 "One faith, one baptism"
- Galatians 3:26-28 "You are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus"
- 1 Corinthians 12:13, 27 "We were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body...Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it"
- We are children of one GOD and one FATHER
- Ephesians 4:6 "One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."
- 1 Corinthians 8:6 "There is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist"
Read Ephesians 4:3-6
(1) Where does unity come from, and how do we maintain it?
(2) Why does the body need the Spirit?
(3) How is Christ our hope?
(4) How are baptism and faith connected?
(5) How is the Father at work in us? Pray for us to keep unity!