Ephesians 3:14-16 "I kneel before the Father...I pray"
- Pray for his power so Christ can PRESIDE over our lives
- Romans 15:12 "The root of Jesse (David's descendant) will come, who arises to rule the Gentiles; in him will the Gentiles (nations) hope (put their trust)"
- Ephesians 3:16 "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being"
- Ephesians 3:17 "So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith"
- Dwell: to settle down, be at home, permanent not temporary
- Colossians 1:27 "God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory"
- 2 Corinthians 4:16 "Though outwardly we are wasting away (decaying), yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day"
- Romans 7:22 "In my inner being I delight in God's law (God's word)"
- 1 Peter 2:2 "Crave (long for, desire) pure spiritual milk (of the word), so that by it you may grow up in your salvation"
- Hebrews 5:12 "You need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food"
- Pray for his power so we can know his LOVE for our lives
- Ephesians 3:17-19 " I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God"
- I John 4:16 "We know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them"
- Pray for his power so God can do WONDERS in our lives
- Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church"
- Isaiah 64:3 "You did awesome things that we did not expect (beyond our highest expectations)"
Read Ephesians 3:14-21
(1) What are some of the different postures for prayer? What do they mean for you? What does it look like for Christ to rule over us? How do you feed your inner being spiritually?
(2) How have you grown in knowing God's love? How are you living in that love?
(3) How have God's answers to prayer surprised you?