Ephesians 5:1-2 "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."
- Know that you are LOVED
- Ephesians 5:1 "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children"
- 1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
- 1 John 4:16 "We know and rely on the love God has for us.God is love"
- Galatians 2:20 "The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me"
- Follow in his EXAMPLE
- Ephesians 5:2a "Live a life of love (walk in love), just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us"
- Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you"
- Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates (shows, proves) his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us"
- 1 Peter 2:21 "Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps" ("Be imitators of God" Ephesians 5:1)
- John 13:15 "I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you"
- Ephesians 3:16 "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being"
- Live in sweet SURRENDER
- Ephesians 5:2b "Christ gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God"
- 2 Corinthians 2:15 "We are to God the pleasing aroma (fragrance) of Christ"
- 2 Corinthians 2:14 "God...uses us to spread the aroma (fragrance) of the knowledge of him everywhere"
- Romans 12:1 "Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God"
- Romans 6:13 "Offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as instruments of righteousness"
- Psalm 19:14 "May the words of my mouth and the meditation (deep thoughts) of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord"
- Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God"
- 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 5:1-2
(1) How are you trusting and relying on God's love?
(2) What does it mean to imitate God? What example has Christ given us? Where do you find power?
(3) How is surrender sweet? What do you need to give up to God?