Last week: H.O.M.E. Honor others, Offer yourself, Make others shine, Each one love others with the love of Jesus (Ephesians 5:18 "Be filled with the Spirit)
1.) My home needs a firm FOUNDATION
- 1 Corinthians 3:11 "No one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 2:20 "Jesus the cornerstone")
- Ephesians 6:4 "Bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord"
- Psalm 127:1 "Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain"
- Luke 6:47 "Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice...is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it"
- 2 Timothy 2:19 "God's solid foundation stands firm....Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness"
2) My home needs strong WALLS
- 1 Corinthians 3:11,10 The foundation is Christ. "Each one must be careful how he builds on it" (2 Timothy 3:15-16 "The Holy Scriptures are able to make you wise")
- Isaiah 58:12 "You will be called Repairer of Broken Walls"
- Ephesians 6:1 "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right"
- Ephesians 6:2-3 "Honor your father and mother -- which is the first commandment with a promise -- that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on earth"
- Deuteronomy 6:5-7 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up"
3) My home needs a protective ROOF
- Genesis 19:8 " They have come under the protection of my roof"
- Ephesians 6:4 "Fathers, do not exasperate (provoke to anger) your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord"
- Galatians 5:15 "If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other"
- Deuteronomy 23:14 "The Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you"
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 "The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 6:1-4
(1) Why do we need to dig deeply for our spiritual foundation? What storms has Christ enabled you to survive?
(2) How are you building on the foundation?
(3) What needs to change in your home life?