1.) My work is to trust in JESUS
- John 6:27-39 "Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you...Then they asked him, 'What must we do to do the works God requires?' Jesus answered, 'The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent'"
- Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened (you who carry heavy burdens) and I will give you rest
- Hebrews 4:3 "We who have believed enter that rest"
- Hebrews 4:10 "Anyone who enters God's rest also rests from their works"
2.) After I trust in the finished work of Jesus, I have a new WORK
- Ephesians 2:10 "We are God's workmanship (masterpiece, work of art, poem), created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared...for us to do"
- My work is whatever I do each day with the time God gives me!
- 1 Peter 4:2 "They do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God"
- 2 Corinthians 5:15 "He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again"
3.) Jesus gives me a new ATTITUDE
- Philippians 2:5-7 "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus, who...made himself nothing, taking the very nature (form) of a servant"
- 1 Corinthians 7:21 "Were you a slave when you were called? Don't let it trouble you - although if you can gain your freedom, do so"
- Ephesians 6:5 "Obey...just as you would obey Christ"
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
- Ephesians 6:6 "Obey...doing the will of God from your heart"
- Ephesians 6:7 "Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men"
- 2 Timothy 2:21 "Useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work"
- Ephesians 6:8 "You know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free"
- Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving"
- Ephesians 6:9 "Masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him"
- Ruth 2:4 "Boaz...greeted the harvesters, 'The Lord be with you!' They answered him, 'The Lord bless you!"
- Philemon 1:16 "No longer as a slave, but better than a slave, as a dear brother"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 6:5-9
(1) How do you find rest by working for Jesus?
(2) How are you working for Jesus now?
(3) How are we slaves for Jesus?