Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power (in the strength of his power)"
1) Our nation is strong when we REMEMBER
- Revelations 2:1-5 " To...the church in Ephesus: I know your deeds, your hard work and you perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. (3) You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. (4) Yet I old this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. (5) Remember the height from which you have fallen!"
- Psalm 77:11 "I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago"
- Judges 2:10 "Another generation grew up who knew neither the Lord nor what he had done for Israel"
- Psalm 145:4 "One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts"
2) Our nation is strong when we REPENT
- Revelations 2:5 "Repent and do the things you did at first, If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place"
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land"
- Nehemiah 1:6 "Hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night for your servants, the people of Israel. I confess the sins we Israelites, including myself and my father's family, have committed against you"
3) Our nation is strong when we RETURN
- Revelations 2:5 "Do (return to) the things you did at first"
- Psalm 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord"
- Psalm 33:16-19 "No king is saved by the size of is army....But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love"
- Genesis 13:3-4 "He returned (retraced) by the way he came, from the south to Bethel where he had first build an altar. There Abraham called on the name of the Lord"
- Isaiah 44:22 "I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you."
- Jeremiah 24:7 "They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 6:10
(1) How do you find strength? What miracles of God can you remember for Israel, for our nation, for your life?
(2) Of what should we repent for our nation?
(3) What in your life does God want you to return to?