Avoiding Spiritual Traps:
- 1 Timothy 3:7 So that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil's trap (snare)"
- 2 Timothy 2:26 "Escape from the trap (snare) of the devil"
Overcoming the enemy's schemes (strategies):
- Ephesians 6:11 "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes (plans, wiles, strategies, tactics)"
- 2 Corinthians 2:11 "We should not be outwitted (taken advantage of) by Satan; for we are not ignorant (unaware) of his schemes"
1.) The enemy _____, but Jesus opens our _____!
- 2 Corinthians 4:4 "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ"
- 2 Corinthians 3:16 "Whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil (blindfold) is taken away"
- 2 Corinthians 4:6 "God...made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ"
- Ephesians 1:18 "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened"
- Acts 26:18 "Open your eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins"
2.) The enemy _____, but Jesus exposes the _____!
- Ephesians 5:13 "Everything exposed by the light becomes visible"
- 2 Corinthians 11:14 "Satan disguises (transforms) himself as an angel of light"
- Revelation 12:9, 4 "The great dragon was hurled down - that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him...his tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth"
- Isaiah 14:12-15 "You said...'I will make myself like the Most High'"
- Luke 10:18-19 "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority...to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you"
- Ephesians 6:12 "Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but...against the powers of this dark world (rulers of the darkness) and against the spiritual forces of evil"
- Colossians 1:13 "He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of his Son"
3.) The enemy _____, but Jesus speaks the _____!
- John 8:44-45 "The devil...is a liar and the father of lies...I tell the truth"
- John 8:31-32 "If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"
Read Ephesians 6:10-12; 2 Corinthians 2:11
(1) How does the devil trap people? What is the enemy's biggest strategy? How were your eyes opened?
(2) What evidence of the devil's darkness do we see? How does God want to use us? See Acts 26:18.
(3) What are some of the enemy's lies? What truth can replace lies you believed? Pray for each other's victory.