Ephesians 6:11-14a "Take your stand against the devil's schemes. We struggle (fight, wrestle)... against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil...Put on the full armor of God, so...you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then."
1) Stand firm in the POWER of the Lord!
- Ephesians 6:10 "Be strong in the Lord and his mighty power"
2) Stand firm in the PROTECTION of the Lord!
- Psalms 32:7 "You are my hiding place; you will protect me... and surround me with songs of deliverance"
3) Stand firm in the PRAISE of the Lord!
- Ephesians 1:3, 6, 12 "Praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us... to the praise of his glorious grace... for the praise of his glory"
- Psalms 100:4 "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise"
- John 4:23 "Worship in the Spirit and truth, for such worshipers the Father seeks"
- Ephesians 5:18-19 "Be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord"
- Psalms 35:18 "I will give you thanks in the great assembly... praise you among many"
- Acts 16:25-26 "About midnight Paul and Silas were praying ans singing hymns (praises) to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone's chain came loose"
- 2 Chronicles 20:17 "Stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you"
- 2 Chronicles 20:22 "As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against... those who were attacking Judah, and they were defeated"
- Matthew 26:30 "When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives"
- Ephesians 5:20 "Always giving thanks to God the Father for (over, above, beyond) everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ"
4) Stand firm in the POSITION of the Lord!
- Ephesians 1:20-21 "He raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms far above all rule and authority, power and dominion"
- Ephesians 2:6 "God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him"
- Genesis 3:15 (to the serpent) "He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel"
- Luke 10:19 "I have given you authority to trample on snakes (serpents)... and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you" (Matthew 28: 18)
- 1 John 4:4 "He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world"
- Romans 16:20 "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 6:11-14a
(1) Why do we need to stand firm?
(2) What are some areas where we need God's protection?
(3) How is praise part of spiritual warfare?
(4) How does our position in Christ help us stand firm? Pray for those under attack.