Ephesians 6:15 - The third piece of spiritual armor is "Feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace" This third weapon is inextricably related to the first two: the truth of God's word, and the righteousness of Jesus Christ.
1.) The gospel of Jesus Christ brings PEACE WITH GOD now and forever.
- Colossians 1:20 - "and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross"
- Colossians 1:21 - "Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight."
- Romans 5:1 - "Therefore since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
2.) The gospel of Jesus Christ provides us with the PEACE OF GOD now and forever.
- John 16:33 - "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
- Philippians 4:7 - "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
- We can have perfect peace in the midst of any adversity.
3.) The peace of Christ provides us with SECURE FOOTING in every situation.
- The same gospel that provides us with eternal security, also provides us with a solid foundation to stand against the attacks of the enemy every day.
- Roman military boots - (caligae) - innovative piece of armor with cleats or nails on the soles to help stand strong in battle without giving ground.
- Christ not only provides the secure footing for us personally, but he is also the foundation for the church. Ephesians 2:20 - "Built upon the foundation of the apostles and the prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone."
- We can trust in Christ because he has conquered all things. Christus Vincit! 1 Corinthians 15:56-57. "The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
4.) Armed with the peace of Christ we are READY TO FACE every challenge.
- Romans 8:6 - "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."
- Isaiah 26:3 - "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."
5.) Armed with the gospel of peace, we are READY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE of every opportunity to share the gospel message and the love of Christ.
- 2 Timothy 4:2 - "Be ready to preach the word in season and out of season."
- Isaiah 52:7 - "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news."
- Galatians 6:10 - "So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of faith."