1.) Jesus comes as a GIFT
- Isaiah 9:6 "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given"
- John 3:16 "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son"
- 2 Corinthians. 9:15 "Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"
- Ephesians. 2:8 "It is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God"
2.) The gift must be RECEIVED
- John 1:10 "He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him"
- John 1:11 "He came to his own, and his own did not receive him"
- Luke 2:7 "She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn."
- John 1:12 "To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God"
- Colossians 2:6 "Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him"
3.) When the gift is received, joy comes in the TELLING
- Luke 2:17 "When the shepherds had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child"
- Luke 2:28, 36-38 "Simeon took him in his arms and praised God...Anna...was eighty-four...she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all"
- Acts 4:20 "We cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard"
(1) Why is it important to understand Jesus as a gift?
(2) When or how did you receive the gift of God?
(3) Who could you tell?