Ephesians 6:11-14a "Take your stand against the devil's schemes. We struggle (fight, wrestle)...against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil...Put on the full armor of God, so...you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then"
1.) Stand firm in the POWER of the Lord!
- Ephesians 6:10 "Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" (Ephesians 5:18 "Be filled")
- Ephesians 3:16 "I pray that...he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit"
- 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 "It is God who makes us stand firm in Christ. He anointed us."
- Psalm 92:10 "I have been anointed with fresh oil"/Ephesians 6:12 "We wrestle"
- Romans 8:11 "His Spirit lives (dwells) in you"
- Colossians 3:16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly"
2.) Stand firm in the PROTECTION of the Lord!
- Psalm 64:1 "Protect my life from the threat (fear, dread) of the enemy"
- Deuteronomy 23:14 "The Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you...be holy, so that he will not turn away from you"
- Ephesians 6:12 "Struggle...against the powers of this dark world" (kosmokrator)
- Deuteronomy 18:10-11 "Let no one be found among you...who practices divination (fortune-telling) or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist (psychic) or who consults with the dead"
- Acts 19:17-19 "In Ephesus...many of those who believed now came and openly confessed their practices. A number who had practiced sorcery (occult arts) brought their books together and burned them"
- Occult: secret or hidden knowledge (Genesis 2:17; 3:5 "tree of knowledge of good and evil"); Deuteronomy 29:29 "The secret things belong to the Lord"
- 2 Timothy 2:25-26 "Escape from the trap (snare) of the devil"/Repent!
- Ephesians 4:27 "Do not give the devil a foothold (an opening, opportunity, room)"
- Psalm 32:7 "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance"
Read Ephesians 6:11-14a
(1) What helps you stand firm?
(2) How has God protected you?