- In his temple we are brought NEAR to God
- Ephesians 2:13 "But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ"
- Ephesians 2:12 "You were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship and without God in the world"
- Ephesians 2:18 "Through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit"
- Ephesians 2:19 "Yoo are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household"
- In his temple we are RECONCILED to each other
- Ephesians 2:14-16 "He himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility...His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility"
- John 11:51-52 "As high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation, and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one"
- In his temple we are being built TOGETHER for his Spirit
- Ephesians 2:21-22 "In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit"
- Ephesians 2:20 "Built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone"
- 1 Peter 2:5 "You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
- Romans 14:19 "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"
Read Ephesians 2:11-22
(1) What was our condition apart from Christ? How did God bring us to himself? What has changed for us?
(2) What creates walls between people? What did Christ do? When has there been a wall in your relationships, and how did it change?
(3) What does it mean for us to be God's temple? What is God doing in your life to join and fit you to other living stones in the temple? Pray for the Lord to fill us, his temple, with his Spirit!