- How should I walk (live the rest of my life)? Ephesians 4:1 "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to walk worthy of the calling you have received"
- What's my calling? I Corinthians 1:2 "In Christ Jesus, saints by calling"
- Ephesians 1:1 "To the saints (holy ones, dedicated to the Lord) in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus"
- We don't live UP to our calling but OUT of our calling!
- What's the map for my walk? Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light for my path"
- How can I walk worthy? Revelation 5:11 "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain"
- The power to walk a worthy life is Jesus in ME
- Ephesians 3:16 "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being"
- Ephesians 3:17 "So that Christ may dwell (settle down, permanently abide) in your hearts through faith"
- Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me"
- Matthew 10:38 "He who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me"
- Jesus in me is HUMBLE
- Ephesians 4:2 "Be completely humble"
- Philippians 2:7-8 "He made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, and being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself"
- Jesus in me is GENTLE
- Ephesians 4:2 "Be completely humble and gentle"
- Matthew 11:29 "I am gentle and humble in heart"
- Jesus in me is PATIENT
- Ephesians 4:2 "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient"
- 1 Timothy 1:16 "I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited (immense, perfect) patience as an example for those who would believe in him"
- Jesus in me is FORBEARING
- Ephesians 4:2 "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing (forbearing, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love) with one another in love"
- Romans 3:25 "In his forbearance passed over sins previously committed"
- Proverb 19:11 "It is to one's glory to overlook an offense"
- Colossians 3:13 "Bear with one another (forbearing) and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you"
Read Ephesians 4:1-2
(1) What does it mean to walk worthy? How can we do that?
(2-5) Describe the qualities that Jesus wants to produce in us. How have you experienced them, and how can you grow in each of them? Pray for the Lord to be revealed through us.