RESURRECTION DAY! * Luke 24:1-8
- Jesus makes ME new!
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
- Ezekiel 36:26 "I will give you a new heart an put a new spirit in you"
- I Peter 1:3 "He has given us new birth (caused us to be born again) into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead"
- James 1:18 "He chose to give us birth through the word of truth"
- Ephesians 4:21 "Surely you heard of him, and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus"
- Jesus makes my MIND new!
- Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind"
- Ephesians 4:22-23 "You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds"
- Colossians 2:13-14 "God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins...He took it away, nailing it to the cross"
- Ephesians 1:7 "In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins"
- Jesus makes my SELF new!
- Ephesians 4:24 "Put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness"
- Colossians 3:10 "Put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its creator"
- Romans 6:4 "Just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life"
- Romans 8:11 "If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you"
- 2 Corinthians 4:16 "Inwardly we are being renewed day by day"
- Psalm 73:24 "And afterward you will take me into glory"
Read Ephesians 4:21 - 24
(1) How would you explain the meaning of Easter? How does Christ make us new?
(2) What does it mean to have a renewed mind? What is our part in that renewing process? Why is forgiveness part of that renewal?
(3) What are some of the changes Christ has made in your life? What is he still working on?