- 2 Corinthians 5:17 "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
- Ezekiel 36:26 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you"
- Ephesians 4:22 "Put off your old self"
- Ephesians 4:23 "Be made new in the attitude of your minds"
- Ephesians 4:24 "Put on the new self, created to be like God"
- Because Jesus makes me new, I live the TRUTH
- Ephesians 4:25 "Each of you must put off falsehood (the lie) and speak truthfully (the truth) to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body"
- John 8:44 "The devil...was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him...He is a liar and the father of lies"
- Ephesians 4:15 "Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ"
- Because Jesus makes me new, I control my ANGER
- Ephesians 4:26 "In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry"
- Ephesians 4:31 "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger"
- Proverbs 16:32 "Better a patient (slow to anger) person than a warrior, one with self-control (rules his own spirit) than one who takes a city"
- Proverbs 29:11 "A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control"
- Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger"
- James 1:19-20 "Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God"
- Romans 12:19 "Do not take revenge...but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord"
- 1 Peter 2:21-23 "Follow in his steps...When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats (of revenge). Instead, he entrusted (kept entrusting) himself to him who judges justly (he left his case in the hands of God)"
- Because Jesus makes me new, I give the enemy no PLACE
- Ephesians 4:27 "Do not give the devil a foothold (place, opportunity)" (Revelation 12:8)
- 1 Peter 5:8 "Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour"
- Hebrews 12:2-4 "Fixing our eyes on Jesus...who endured the cross. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart (or give up)" Look to (keep our eyes on) Jesus!
Read Ephesians 4:25-27
(1) What are some of the enemy's lies? How do you respond?
(2) What effects have you seen from angry people? How can we handle angry feelings?
(3) How do we give the enemy a place to work? How do we shut the door?