Conclusion to "Overcoming the enemy's schemes (strategies)":
- Ephesians 6:11 "Take your stand against the devil's schemes (plans, tactics, strategies)"
- 2 Corinthians 2:11 "In order that Satan might not outwit (take advantage of) us. For we are not unaware (ignorant) of his schemes"
- Devil (diabolical): one who falsely accuses, slanders, unjustly criticizing with intention to hurt and condemn to server a relationship
- Satan: adversary, opponent, enemy
1.) The enemy blinds, but Jesus opens our eyes!
2.) The enemy hides, but Jesus exposes the darkness!
3.) The enemy lies, but Jesus speaks the truth!
4.) The enemy accuses our sins, but Jesus is our defense!
- Revelation 12:10-11 "The accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night...They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb"
- 1 John 2:1 "I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate (defense attorney) with the Father --Jesus Christ, the Righteous"
- Romans 8:1 "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"
- Romans 8:34 "Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us"
5.) The enemy undermines our faith, but Jesus helps us understand!
- Genesis 3:1 "The serpent...said to the woman, 'Did God really say...?'"
- Luke 24:45 "He opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures"
- 1 John 5:20 "The Son of God has come and has given us understanding"
- Luke 3:22; 4:3 "A voice came from heaven: 'You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased'...The devil said to him, 'If you are the Son of God...'"
- Luke 4:4 "Jesus answered, 'It is written'"
6.) The enemy confuses our minds, but Jesus takes control!
- 2 Corinthians 11:3 "Just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ"
- 2 Timothy 1:7 "God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control (self-discipline, sound mind, a mind under the control of Christ)"
- Romans 8:6 "The mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace"
- Proverbs 25:28 "A city whose walls are broken down is a person who lack self-control"
- Ephesians 4:26-27 "In your anger do not sin...do not give the devil a foothold"
- 2 Corinthians 10:4 "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds"
- 2 Corinthians 2:7, 8, 11 "You ought to forgive...that Satan might not outwit us"
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 "We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ"
Dig Deeper: Read Ephesians 6:10-12
(4) How have you felt accused? Who came to your defense?
(5) How does the enemy undermine the Bible? What helps your faith stay strong?
(6) What confusing thoughts have you needed to take captive to Jesus?