- Matthew 21:10-11 "Who is this?...This is Jesus"
- John 18:38 "Pilate asked him (Jesus), 'What is truth?'"
- John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life"
Because we know Jesus:
- We know the truth about God's WORD
- Ephesians 4:11 - 13, 21 "Surely you heard of him, and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus"
- Psalm 119:160 "All your words are true (the sum of your words is true)"
- John 17:17 "Your word is truth"
- Acts 17:11 "They received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if these things were true"
- We know the truth about DECEPTION
- Ephesians 4:14 "Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful (deception) scheming"
- Matthew 24:4 "Watch out that no one deceives you (misleads, leads you astray)"
- 2 Peter 3:16 "Ignorant (untaught, unlearned) and unstable people distort (twist), as they do the other Scriptures"
- 1 Timothy 4:1 "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons"
- 1 John 4:6 "We recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood"
- 2 Timothy 4:2-4 "Preach the word...correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction"
- We know the truth about the HEAD
- Ephesians 4:15-16 "Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the head, that is, Christ"
- Ephesians 1:22 "God placed all things under his feet and appointed him (Christ) to be head over everything for the church"
- Colossians 2:19 "They have lost connection with the head"
- We know the truth about the new LIFE
- Ephesians 4:17-19 "You must no longer live as the Gentiles (unbelievers)"
- Ephesians 4:20 "You did not come to know Christ that way"
- We know the truth about the Father's PROTECTION
- Acts 20:28 "Keep watch over (guard) yourselves and all the flock"
- Luke 12:32 "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom"
- John 10:29 "No one can snatch them (my sheep) out of my Father's hand"
Read Ephesians 4:14-21
(1) How would most people define truth? How do we know and grow in the truth?
(2) What are some spiritual deceptions today?
(3) What makes the church grow?
(4) What in your life has Christ changed?
(5) How are we protected?