Ephesians 4:12 "Prepare God's people for works of service (ministry)"
- Serve by his GRACE
- Ephesians 4:7 "But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it"
- 1 Peter 4:10 "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms"
- Lists of gifts: Romans 12:6-8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 27-30; 1 Peter 4:8-11
- Serve with his HEART
- Mark 10:45 "The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many"
- Philippians 2:5-7 " Your attitude (mindset) should be the same as that of Christ...who made himself nothing (emptied himself) taking the very nature of a servant"
- Serve for his GLORY
- 1 Peter 4:11 "If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever"
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
- Serve in our SENDING
- Ephesians 4:11 "He gave some to be apostles"
- Ephesians 2:20 "Built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets"
- Luke 6:13 "He called his disciples to him...whom he also designated apostles"
- John 17:18 "As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world"
- Serve in our SPEAKING
- Ephesians 4:11 "He gave...some to be prophets"
- 1 Corinthians 14:3 "The one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort"
- Serve in our WITNESSING
- Ephesians 4:11 "He gave...some to be evangelists"
- Acts 1:8 "You will be my witnesses"
- Serve in our CARING and FEEDING
- Ephesians 4:11 "He gave...some to be pastors and teachers"
- Jeremiah 3:15 "I will give you shepherds after my own heart who will lead (feed, shepherd) you with knowledge and understanding" (2 Timothy 3:16-17 "Scripture")
- John 20:15-17 "Feed my sheep...shepherd (lead, care for, protect) my sheep"
- Ephesians 4:12-13 "To prepare God's People for works of service (ministry), so that the body of Christ may be built up...and become mature"
Read Ephesians 4:7-13
(1) According to v. 11 whose job is it to do ministry? What ministry gifts have you seen in your life?
(2-3) What does it mean to serve by God's grace, with his heart, and for his glory?
(4-7) Describe the different ministry gifts in v. 11. Pray for the Lord to raise up more willing hearts to serve him!